There is a first for everything - today was the first time I have ever made applesauce and the first time I have used my crock pot, even though I insisted my mom get me one for Christmas last year! (Turns out a single gal doesn't make as many crock pot dinners as one might imagine.) Shannon and Dan went to the apple orchard yesterday and bought lots of apples, they were nice enough to pick me 10. Shannon and I decided we would try making homemade applesauce with our apples. When I picked my apples up from their house we peeled, cut and seasoned them. I brought them home, threw them in the crock pot for 4 hours and YUM, homemade applesauce!
The Beginning...
The End...
Mmmm... That's good!
While the apples were in the crock pot I had some friends over for a pumpkin party! We made mini corn muffins, pumpkin cookies and decorated pumpkins for Halloween. You will notice that I painted my pumpkin. New this year - I decided to buy a fake pumpkin and paint it so that I could keep it through Thanksgiving and add it to my decorations for years to come! The weather was so beautiful that we were able to set up a table on the porch and enjoy the beautiful fall weather.




My finished product
New firsts, fun day, happy fall!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Apples + Pumpkins = Fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I love your fake pumpkin! That is such a cute and fun idea!
You truly need to come home for a visit and teach me how to make applesauce! And I love your pumpkin - the paint idea is fabulous. Tell whoever carved the tiny pumpkin that I love his, too!
I love your pumpkin!!!!
Post a Comment