Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Walk In The Park

This morning I was talking to my Dad on the phone when I hear a knock on my door. It was my landlord, Locky, and in his very awesome Australian accent he said, "Did you decide to go for a walk in the park?" I looked at him very confused and said, "Huh? I don't want to walk in the snow." He said, "No, have you seen your car?" We walk out and this is what I see.My car somehow slid or rolled into the park across the street from my house! Originally my car was parked a few feet above where it is in the picture and it was parked on the pavement. Locky must think that I am crazy cause I said, "WHAT?! How did that happen? I didn't park my car there!" He was laughing so hard and said, "Well it may have slid because of all the gravel on the sides of the road." (There is gravel ALL over the roads here from the huge snow storms back in December. Gravel is Oregon's solution to snow removal.) Locky determined that we shouldn't try to reverse out because the grass is so wet that my car would just dig a hole. Being a handy man and my father-away-from-home he hooked up a tow strap to my car and pulled me out with his.
I certainly am lucky it didn't roll into the trees that weren't too much further and thank goodness I turned my wheel to the right, other wise my car may have been in my neighbors yard instead! Once we successfully moved my car, this is all that was left. I guess it's time to get my emergency brake checked or maybe just time for a new car and a garage!

2 comments:

Erica said...

WOW, Amber!! That's crazy! I'm glad that your car is okay and that it didn't do anything besides leave a car-sized dry patch on the grass in the park! Thank goodness for Locky, too - what a nice guy! :o)

Erica said...

BTW, I got your invite to view your blog...are you going private?