After Christmas the Marlor's always go to St. George. It was so nice this year to spend a few days in St. George where the weather was 60 degrees and there was no snow in sight!
Cobe got baptised while we were down there so all of his cousins could be there to see. It was such a fun experience to see his grandpa baptize him. Bryce gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and Burton (Brandon's son who is almost 3) must have been paying special attention. The rest of the night Burton would ask with a very terrified look on his face where the Holy Ghost was. He was concerned the Ghost was going to sneak up on him! Too cute!
Along with the St. George trip comes the white elephant gift exchange. For the gift exchange everyone is supposed to bring a one-dollar goofy gift to be exchanged. Saturday afternoon Bryce and I made a trip to the dollar store to pick out our gifts. As we were walking up and down the isles making laughing at all the funny things we were finding Bryce stopped dead in his tracks with a hilarious idea. He decided he wanted to buy a frame and sign a picture of himself to put inside. We laughed and laughed for a few minutes and decided it was a plan. We walked out of the store and found this awesome bench - perfect for taking a picture of yourself to sign. I couldn't stop laughing while I was taking the picture, everyone was starring at us and he was posing so funny! We took about 6 pictures, but decided that this was the one.
We quickly ran to Walmart to get the picture printed. We ended up getting two 5x7 pictures and 3 wallets and let me tell you it was a good thing we did because this certainly was a hot item!
Here are some highlights of the fun presents! Doesn't Bryce make a great knight!
I think these underwear are as big as Camden is!
I think McKelle ended up with Bryce's hilarious picture, so Tami will now proudly display it at her house. Keep the signed picture Tam, I am sure it will be worth something one of these days!
Pat got these wonderful gloves - which I am totally coveting! Bryce signed a wallet sized picture for her, she was so proud!
While in St. George Bryce and I found a new passion - SCRABBLE! If you know anything and Bryce and I you know that we are both VERY competitive. Typically we try not to play games together unless we are on the same team. This is because the one who loses the game (which is usually me) ends up angry because the other (which is usually Bryce) is rubbing the loss in their face. We ended up however, being able to play very nicely with each other and discovered that we really LOVE scrabble! We stayed up one night until 2am with Brad, Tami, Mandy and Ty playing team Scrabble. Bryce and I took home the win - we play respectively well when we play as a team. Bryce and I still have a championship going on that we didn't get a chance to complete. Currently we are 2-2 against each other.
We had such a fun time in St. George! Thanks Lynn and Pat for the trip!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Sunny St. George!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
HA HA HA HA HA !!!! I am dying laughing over the gift idea. You guys are so funny. I love Bryce's pose like he is really trying to show off his bumb even though he is sitting down. :)
Look how cute Bryce's family is! Looking forward to meeting them...someday. You always said you wanted a night in shinning armor, well there you go! And he even loves himself enought to give a picture of himself with a signiture as a Christmas gift. How could a girl want anything more?
Post a Comment