Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Those Are Some BIG Coons!

You know when you can just tell when someone is staring at you... well have you ever had a raccoon starring at you?! I have.

The other day I look out my sliding glass door and there are 3 GINORMOUS raccoons staring right into my house and looking at me! CREEPY! Naturally, I grab my camera and walk over to the door. This didn't phase them. They held strong while the human flashed pictures through the window of the door. My pictures weren't turning out quite good enough, so I decided to brave this strange adventure and open the door. Quickly, a few scattered across the deck, but one stuck it out. Here he is...
Isn't he HUGE?! He was a little nervous when I opened the door, as was I, so I clicked a few pictures and shut and locked the door - I don't know what these huge critters are capable of! After our stare down he scurried off and I haven't seen them since. Here are some little footprints they left for me though.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Crazy!! I think coons can cary small children and babies away when you are not looking. You are CRAZY for going outside to "get a better shot". I guess this makes up for you sleeping through the camping trip where the racoons were tormenting us all night.

Erica said...

YIKES! Although the pictures your got are pretty awesome. I like the one of the footprints! But I have goosebumps - that would creep me out, too! That's a pretty big animal right outside your door!

sorensenpower said...

What the chet?! This is so awesome! You could've (and should've) wrestled one or something. That might have been bad though because coons can sometimes have rabies. And trust me Amber, the last thing you want is a rabid coon in your house!