Today's Virgo Horoscope:
Nov 11, 2008
Why does being patient have to take so long? quipped one frustrated soul. Could it have been you, dear Virgo? Waiting has never been your strong suit, there's no question about it. You will get through today best if you concentrate on finding an outlet for your pent-up frustration. A visit to the gym, or a vigorous cleaning of the house, would help.
So I am feeling like a little "complain Jane" the last couple days and right this second I am calling it quits with that! Let me explain, last week my Dad was in an awful motorcycle accident while on his way to Mexico with some friends. He will be okay, but the last few days have been more than terrifying. Although he is still in the hospital and unsure when he will be released, he is progressing a little more each day and practically begging for them to let him go home. Yesterday, we got news that our family dog, Screetch, has cancer. The vet gave him 3 or 4 more months to live. Luckily he is not showing signs and is still being very active and happy. I have been stressing and when I stress I get controlling and obsessed with little details (of anything) and how fix it - most of which are out of my control. But along with my stressed, controlling, impatient and obsessed nature I feel like I have been complaining - and that is not who I want to be. So, amongst all the havoc I would like to post my top ten things that I am grateful for right now.
- Family, they stick by your side. They call you to tell you things will be ok, even when they're not sure. They pull together to fix problems. They tell you they love you even when you already know. They are willing to do anything they can to make you feel better - cause they know, family is most important. Best of all, family doesn't have to be related, some people you love as if they were family.
- My parents. My Dad who is laying in a hospital bed trying to get strong. You would never hear, "I can't" or "I won't" out of his mouth cause he knows he can and will and that's how he taught us to be. My Mom who sits by his side no matter what. She will be his rock, or my rock, or your rock if you need it cause she doesn't want anyone to feel pain, cause she's a mom.
- Friends. Who let me complain and then let me talk and talk and sort through my thoughts because they know that's what I do. I am not naming names, but thank you!
- My robe. Cause walking around with a robe over my clothes is like walking around with a warm blanket wrapped around me and I love that. (I love it so much I seriously considered leaving my house in it the other day... problem?)
- Exercising. When I exercise everything else in my head leaves and I only focus on one goal. Sometimes I need that.
- Chapstick. My lips are really dry.
- Working. As much as work is, well work. I have a good job while others search for one and being paid is a nice bonus.
- Planes. Because even though they charge $30 for an additional bag and $90 if your bag is over 50lbs, they take you home which is really most important.
- Doctors (nurses, vets, etc). They are smart, they are compassionate, they work long hours, went to a lot of school and help fix and take care of people who are important to me.
- Prayer. Because it comforts me and if I couldn't pray, I couldn't thank God for all these blessings, and more, for which I really truly am grateful.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
This Little Horoscope Couldn't Have Been More True
Brought to you by Amber
Labels: Blessings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I like this post. It's also fitting since thanksgiving is coming just around the corner. I am glad to have you as a friend, you and all your obsessive, compulsive, controlling, impatient quirks. :)
Oh, my sweet Amber! I'm so sorry to hear about your dad and your dog! My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you! I love that you listed the things that you're most grateful for right now. It's a lovely list and it made me think of things that I'm grateful for right now too. Thank you for the inspiration during a tough time in your life! Love you!
Amber, I hope you know I continue to pray for you and I will always be here for you when you need something. You have always been that person who knows what to do when life gets you down ... you always helped me! Lets get out your book of quotes! I love and you and appreciate your list! Being grateful always helps me see what I have and what others may not. It makes you feel that much more thankful! You have a great family! Can't wait to see you, hope your dad is doing better every day... and I am so sorry about your dog. :(
Post a Comment