Thursday, November 6, 2008

Poor Sad Plant

This is my plant. It is dying. I have had this plant for 2 years and 2 months and through no skill of my own, has it lasted this long. This plant was a gift from my friends Khrystie and Traci. The three of us worked together and the plant stayed at work. Knowing I knew only how to kill plants, Khrystie helped me keep it alive by reminding me to water it and bringing plant food in on a regular basis. Soon I moved departments and the plant came with me. The plant started dying. My friend Susan noticed the sad leaves and took on the project of helping me keep it alive. She would remind me to water it and when I would forget even after she reminded me, she would do it herself. Eventually she just watered my plant and left me out of the loop altogether. One day I looked at my plant and noticed how green and big it was getting (it looked nothing like it does now) and said to Sus, "WOW, my plant looks so great! I can't even remember the last time I watered it?!" She said, "Amber, that is because I have been taking care of it." Ha! When I moved to Oregon Susan offered to keep my plant and warned me that I might kill it, but I insisted on moving it 800 miles because it was a gift, and I NEEDED it in my office! The day I had my car packed and ready to head to Oregon I showed up and Bryce's house with the plant in the front seat - thinking he could hold it in his lap of course! He quickly told me there was no way he was holding my plant for 13 hours and Pat graciously found a safe place in my car for it to ride. It made it to Oregon, it has lasted 4 months, and now it is dying. I have tried to keep it from getting too dry. It sits by the window with plenty of sunlight. Why is my plant dying? Leaves are falling from it right and left, even the ivy is dying and I hear ivy is hard to kill. How is it possible that my mom has a plant business, a BRIGHT green thumb, and about 40 plants in her house and I can't even keep one alive? Poor sad plant.

1 comments:

Erica said...

Oh, your poor little plant! I'm so sorry it's dying! I would offer you some horticultural advice, but heaven knows my thumb is much less green than yours! :o)