Thursday, January 14, 2010

What goes up...

... must come down.


It may or may not be time to take my Christmas decorations down.  But it probably is.


My Christmas tree went up on November 7, 2009 - the day I got back to Oregon from a 40 day trip to Utah.  I knew I would spend the majority of the holidays back in Utah, so I thought there was plenty of reason to put the tree up pre-Thanksgiving.  But today, January 14, 2010 - 67 days later - it still stands with no good reason except that I love to look at it, it has basically become a part of me, and I am fearing the time it will take to put all the ornaments away.  But alas, all good things must come to an end and the time has come to make room for Valentines day so I will say goodbye, until next year....

I will miss you Christmas tree!



3 comments:

Dan said...

That is the only way Shannon will move to a fake tree. If she can keep it up until March.

Shannon said...

True Dat! I love Christmas and felt like a part of me died this year when we took down our tree. It was a really good tree. Until next year!

The Hardman Family said...

I love your tree and your decorations. So cute! it was good to see you, and you looked fabulous as ever. Hope to see you soon! MUAH!