Thursday, August 6, 2009

This Letter Goes Out To...

Dear Sprinklers,

Please stop hitting my new car. I am really nervous that the spots that you create will ruin my new paint and its stressing me out.

Respectively,
I really need a garage


Dear New Car,

I love you. I love you in indescribable and pathetic ways. I am so glad I bought you. Your navigation has really come in handy and your sunroof has made driving so enjoyable. Thank you for bringing love into my life!

XO,
Obsessed with my new car


Dear Ed,

If you did, in fact, cheat on Jillian then you are an idiot.

Signed,
Keeping my eye on you


Dear Kenneth Cole Sales Guy,

Thank you for introducing me to my new pair of shoes and telling me “I just had to have them”. Thank you for shrieking in inaudible tones, that only dogs can hear, when I tried on that skirt I wish I would have bought. Thank you for saying I am tiny and bringing me a dress two sizes too small to try on even though I KNEW it wasn’t going to fit. It was a valiant effort and you made me feel good.

Sincerely,
I’ll be back for more


Dear A/C,

I never knew you were in such few houses until I moved to Oregon, but I am very glad you are a part of my life. I feel bad for my friends who can’t sleep because it’s 110 degrees. I feel bad that the city is in a state of panic because of the heat and I am sitting in my office with a blanket and a space heater. Thank you A/C for keeping me cool and sane.

Respectfully,
My toes may have frostbite


Dear Australia,

I can’t wait to meet you! I really need a vacation and I am positive you will be the perfect fit! I hope when I come home I have incorporated words such as “mate”, “bloke” and “bikkie” into my vocabulary.

Signed,
Only 2 more days!


Dear Decisions,

You are my nemesis. Why are there so many of you that are good that I have to choose between? You make it very difficult when you present me with wonderful options and say I can only have one. That’s like asking me to choose a favorite ice cream flavor or a favorite movie. I never choose favorites, but can I give you my top 5?

Sincerely,
Still trying to decide


Dear Data Phone,

I think you may have taken over my life and it’s a bit overwhelming. Email, phone, text, IM, blogging, Facebook and a google search all just one click away has made me a little too connected – yet, I have no intention of letting you go.

Signed,
Wishing your battery lasted longer


Dear Bing.com,

I love you for your commercials (hilarious really), but your search engine is sub-par in my opinion. I don’t like the look and although you tell me I am getting more information, I feel like I am getting less. Sorry, I can’t jump on this train!

Respectfully,
Sticking to Google

(This idea came from Aimee who has such a great blog!)

5 comments:

Gladys said...

Dear Amber,
Your blogs are so fun to read!! Have fun in Australia!

Sincerely,
Gladys :)

Shannon said...

you crack me up.

Cassie said...

I need pictures of said new car! Australia? Jealous. Have a fabulous time!!

Erica said...

I was having a really rough day and reading this made me smile. :o) Thanks for cheering me up! Love you, Mamb - and have a fun vacation!

tiffany said...

LOL! You're so funny! I loved this!