I was never really sure I was the marrying kind. Honestly. I am not just saying that. When I was young, 18-19ish - I thought I should be married and I tried like hell to make that happen. Thankfully, it didn't. One day something inside the 20-year-old me said, "Make something of yourself - then worry about marriage." So I did. I graduated from college, I got a great job, I made a reputation of hard work, I developed hobbies that were my own. I read, I thought, I wrote. I tried to understand myself, learn who I really was. I accepted myself and under no circumstances was I going to lose that.
As Ben and I moved through dating the thought of marriage came around. I was hesitant, I had worked all this time on making it on my own. I was good at it. I couldn't always see past that. When Ben and I actually started talking about marriage, I knew I loved him, I knew he was a great man, I knew his list of qualities were exactly what I needed in my life. I knew he was the right decision for me and I knew the Lord agreed. That part was easy, but I wondered how I would settle in my new role as wife. I wondered how I could successfully transition from me to we. I wondered how these two completely opposite independent people would merge lives and habits, opinions and goals while still being true to the people they had become.
Well I am happy to report that we did it. We got married! As I sit here in my wedded bliss, of exactly 3 weeks, I can honestly say a better life decision has never been made. Don't get me wrong, I am not delusional... I know we have work ahead. I know things will change as we move from 3 weeks to 30 years. I am sure this life will bring us times that we thought were almost unbearable. It did as singles, but now we are a couple - now we just have one extra person who has our back. I love that.
To commemorate our fun 3 weeks together, let's list my 3 favorite things about being married, thus far...
03. When I walk into our bedroom (or bathroom) the smell of Ben's body wash fills my nose. I love it. It smells so yummy I want to bottle it up. Oh wait... it already is.
02. The kiss I get as he leaves the house at 6am. He is always so sweet, who is nice when they have to leave for work at 6am?
01. Slumber parties!! You know, the kind you had with your friends when you were really young? Talking in bed until one of you fall asleep (Ben), late night TV watching and laughing your head off at nothing at all.
Yeah, this is fun.
Friday, November 12, 2010
3 weeks!
Brought to you by Amber
Labels: That's Mrs to you
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Okay, so I hope you don't think I am a total crazy person for looking at your blog...you know all the blog stocking stuff. But I saw your awesome picture on facebook and noticed you got married...long story short, I love your blog and I am so happy for you and your new husband and life. How exciting. I think you are just great. I always have. I always loved you in high school. You look great by the way and I wish you the best of luck in your new life. Married life is the best. Nothing is better than spending your life with your best friend and it looks like you found yours!
Perfectly written! I can't believe it's been three weeks already! I know I'll be saying that again and again as you guys celebrate 5 years, then 10, and then 30 and beyond. Remember when someone advised you as you planned for your wedding that you were ultimately preparing for a marriage? Here you are. And you are a beautiful Mrs. with a perfectly matched Mr. I love you, Mamb!
Your blog today put a smile on my face! So neat to be able to share in your happiness. Hugs
Marriage truly is bliss when you are married to a great person. Dan and I have been married for 7 1/2 years and love eachother more than ever. And we are so excited to have a another 'married couple' to hang out with!
ummmmmm... I basically love EVERYTHING about this.
wish we lived closer.
love the crap outta you guys.
so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!
p.s. slumber parties, hands down, the best part. I couldn't wait to fall asleep in Jared's arms and feel safe with him close.
Amber seriously if you and Ben do "only" the things we did at our slumber partaes...oooh then you need 4 things!! I loved this post. You have a gift for writing and You KNew deeeeep down your good ole' friend HOTTY would leave you a message on this one...You did (I know it) :)
Post a Comment