Tuesday, September 7, 2010

So I've been thinking...

A couple things have really been on my mind that I need to get out in the open.

First - It was an amazing person who one day thought to him (or her) self, "Hum - I have this peanut butter, I have this chocolate, why don't I magically insert this peanut butter into a perfectly shaped mini cup.  I bet it will be a hit among the people."  And a hit it was Mr. Reese, a HIT. IT.WAS.  I have been living off of frozen (cause everything is better frozen) peanut butter cups and almond M&M's.  This is not a joke.  I am addicted and my stomach hurts. 

Second - Standing while working.  It's my new thing.  For a good three weeks or so I have had this back thing.  Hurts to sit, hurts to move, blah blah blah.  I have decided I sit too much and it's not helping.  Now I stand.  I was a little fidgety at first and found myself looking around and staring at things that needed to be dusted.  But it's getting better, my house is dust free and I am confident this will save my back.  My 50 year old self is already thanking me.

Third - Big calves and leather boots with no zipper do not go well together.  I bought a ridiculously expensive pair of boots.  My practical side got the best of me and I exchanged them for an even BETTER, less expensive pair.  But there is no zipper.  I have big calves.  It's a well known fact.  When I tried them on, I had to pull with all my might to get them on and Ben had to pry them off.  I thought my circulation might get cut off.  Don't fear though - leather stretches!  I am confident if I wear them enough they will stretch to my perfect calf size.  This means I am always wearing them.  Always.  With PJ's, with my robe while I am doing my makeup, I even took a nap in them, and right now in fact with my Nike capris. So cute.  I think it's working, I can get them off myself.

Fourth - Shared keys mean family.  I bought this for our new place.  Completely adorable, right?!
A place to put our keys.  This means we will be a little family and our keys will never be lost. Is this what they call nesting?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the key is adorable.. but you are completely adorable miss Amber. I'm having the same problem with my new ridiculously expensive boots btw... I mean I think there should be calf sizes....

lmarlor said...

Amber, you are so cute! I love reading your blog. So, what kind of ridiculously expensive boots did you get? I also bought some and took them back, I just couldn't spend that much on boots.

Shannon said...

1st - I hate you for being skinny and living off candy. Although I know you work really hard and exercise all the time, STILL it's not fair.

2nd - Who knew that standing while working all day was even possible? I really think you should get a medical note from your doctor saying you need one of those really expensive desks with a treadmill attached. That would be awesome.

3rd - Pre pregnancy, big calves never even entered my brain. Now I have these adorable riding boots that I am fearful wont fit this fall. I will have to start doing calf exercises or maybe make some sort of sports bra for calves that holds them in.

4th - I thought nesting was a pregnancy thing? But it makes sense that you would nest before marriage too. I love the key and love that it represents togetherness, the true key to happiness!