Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Utah man sir, will be till I die!

The Utah football team came to visit me last weekend! Too bad they just showed up to visit and not to play football...
Utah Utes vs. Oregon Ducks. I very much love college football and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to watch my Alma mater play in the very state where I live. Shannon and I went to the game, and had a ton of fun! Even if Shannon did accidentally wear the colors of the opposing team. (She is new to college football). HA, at least she looked cute! Now it has been beautiful in Oregon for the last 3 weeks. But the 4 hours that we decided to sit at a football game were the same 4 hours the Oregon skies decided to mist. So our once styled and straight hair was better suited under red Utah hats so it could frizz out all it wanted and we could enjoy the game! The Utes didn't bring home a 'W', in fact they lost 28-24. Even still, the game was great, aside from what felt like a million preventable Oregon interceptions. The Duck fans were very nice given we were the only 2 Utah fans on our side in a sea of yellow (plus they were ahead for most of the game). Shannon now knows the Utah fight song, that skill could come in handy - you never know when you'll need to bust out in perfect tune in a college fight song. And next time, Ducks - you better watch your backs! Go Utes!
I would also like to add that if I choose an Oregon team to cheer for, or even a PAC-10 team for that matter, I think I will choose U of O. This team is sponsored by Nike and oh my gosh I have never seen so much CUTE college paraphernalia. Let's be honest - I may already have a jacket! I'm still a Ute though! ;-)

2 comments:

Sara said...

You know, we've been loyal BYU fans forever...but Jason is getting his masters at the U of U and it is really hard to stick with the blue and white. So, the good news for you...we're a slowly crossing over. Please don't tell Jason's mom and dad. :)

Megan Zimmerman said...

ok, just so you know, if you choose to become a duck fan, we will have to not be friends anymore...just tellin ya!