Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ode to the Mother

Thank you for
...teaching me to tie my shoes. That has proved useful throughout my life.
...being disappointed in me when I quit my high school job (to go to a basketball game with my friends). You taught me responsibility.
...having a vegetable garden every summer to make fresh salsa.
...buying me drawing books, crayons and pencils and allowing me to be creative.
...taking in my friends and giving them another place to call home.
...teaching me how to nicely load a dishwasher.
...leaving a couple days late for our annual Labor Day camping trip so I could get my drivers licence the exact day I turned 16. This was a really big deal to me.
...being proud of me. Even if it does mean having the most awful picture of me and Nate on your debit card.

Happy Mother's Day to my Mom and all my dear friends who are Mothers! You really are appreciated for all you do.

3 comments:

Erica said...

Such a sweet post! I wish I could see what picture of you and Nate is on your mom's debit card! ;o)

Amber said...

Oh my goodness Er, it's a picture from a family vacation to San Diego. Nate and I are standing on the beach in our swimming suits! HA, I am pretty sure my face turns bright red every time I am with her and she hands that card to someone! Sweet intentions though. :-)

Shannon said...

I love this post. Your Mom is basically my Mom too and I feel like she helped raise me. I have so many funny memories with your family. For example: When I thought it would be a good idea to walk backwards all the way to your house and I walked right into a metal pole and smacked my head and fell to the ground. Your Dad came and scooped me up and took me to your house where I am sure you mom fed me dinner (as she did almost every night) and took care of me. Love you, love your Mom, and your family!!