Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bringing The Heat!

It is freezing in my house. The weird thing about it being freezing in my house is that it's about 40 degrees here - not like Utah below freezing winter temps that I am so accustomed to. Yet, I am colder than I have ever been! My office is the worst, maybe it is because there are 2 windows, but when I work my right hand (mouse hand) literally turns into an ice sickle. I have been known to take a warm bath in the middle of the day just to warm up and I work with gloves and 3 blankets. When I sleep at night, I sleep with 5 blankets (which actually isn't that strange cause I like to be bundled up tight). I sleep with my bath robe over my pj's and socks with sometimes slippers. I do this because the initial jump into bed is like jumping into a freezing river! It's like my sheets have been sitting outside freezing all day. After the bedding gets warm however, I am just right. Well, the other day I decided enough is enough! I kept waiting for it to get better, but the heat is on and it's not getting better. To remedy the situation I drove the 20 miles to the nearest Walmart and purchased myself a space heater and an electric blanket. This was the best purchase I have ever made! Here I sit, my right hand NOT freezing and last night when I went to bed I just turned the blanket on about 10 minutes before and it was like climbing into heaven! I didn't have to sleep with my robe or socks! Who invented these wonderful heat makers because they just increased my happiness by 100%?! Bring on the freezing temperatures Mother Nature cause I can totally take it now!

Image illustrated by Amy Ning. Courtesy of This Old House.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow, for a second there I thought I was reading Bear Grylls blog from the Discovery Channel show Man vs. Wild. You are so outdoorsy now I think you might be a true Oregonian! :)

Erica said...

Brrr!!! I have a fabric bag full of uncooked rice that I microwave for 5 minutes at night and then throw into bed with me to keep my feet warm during the winter. I should have thought about getting an electric blanket! Glad you're staying toasty warm now!