Sunday, September 7, 2008

Incredible, awesome, amazing, fun weekend

We had such a fun time in Seattle this weekend. It was packed full of food, presents, sports, silly jokes and a whole lot of laughing! It just so happens that BYU had their first away game in Seattle the weekend of my birthday. Luckily for me, Bryce, Lynn and Brandon planned to travel to the game and were nice enough to invite me along (thanks again!). We all arrived in Seattle on Thursday, which also happened to be my birthday. I love birthday's - I think it should be everyone's favorite day of their year. I mean, how can you not love the day that you were born?! This year was no exception, thanks to my wonderful parents, family and friends. Thank you for all the calls, texts, emails, packages, cards, presents and warm wishes. Twenty -five really doesn't seem so bad even if I do have a gray hair.
Thursday after we all arrived we went to dinner and had enough food to feed a small army and singing and chocolate cake to top it all off!



After dinner Bryce was super excited for me to open presents since they had hauled them all the way from Utah! I think you will easily pick out mine and his favorite present of the night...

How did he pick out a purse that would match my shirt exactly? Great minds think alike.

Knowing my distaste for BYU, Bryce thought he was hilarious buying this shirt for me and insisting that I would wear it to the game. You will see below whether or not that happened. Thanks again to everyone for everything, what a great birthday!
On Friday we went around town to Pike's Market and the Space Needle, but before any of that could happen we had to stop off at University of Washington to check out the field. I really wish I would have gotten a picture of this because Lynn was ecstatic to be out on the field making sure the turf was in tact and checking out our seats for Saturday. He was so proud to tell everyone that he had been out there to check it out. Very cute really. After the field passed the test we headed downtown. Pike's Market is always so fun - they have BEAUTIFUL cheap flowers and HUGE fish!


We had lunch on the peir. It was so pretty sitting right next to the water and I even saw seals!!



Friday night we went to the Mariners - Yankees game. It was so FUN! We had fabulous seats and I swear we almost got hit by 16 balls. Thank goodness everyone jumped up to catch them, that sure rose my blood pressure! We almost saw a no-hitter by the Mariners. Up until the 8th inning the Mariners didn't let anyone on base and then it was ruined! Dangit, that would have been cool to see! The whole experience was awesome... I took about 15 billion pictures.


Jeter...


After a 10pm dinner we went to bed to rest up for the game Saturday. We stayed in the same hotel as the Cougar club and BYU coaches and players, so the place was buzzing with blue and white. Saturday morning on my way to the gym, I rode in the elevator with Bronco Mendenhall (He is the BYU coach). We had a little chat and I wished him luck in the game. I am pretty sure it was that conversation that helped BYU win that day so... you are welcome BYU fans! :) Well, I caved. I wore the BYU shirt and even cheered! As I left my hotel room that morning, I looked in the mirror at my shirt and wondered, "what exactly is happening here?" I had a hard time yelling, "GO BYU" - I'm not ready for that! So I kept my cheering mainly to "YAY", "WHOO HOO", "MAKE THE CALL REF"! The game was really fun and road games are really exciting! We had amazing seats and the Marlor's really get into the game. They were SO much fun to watch and cheer with, they sure love this team! BYU won that day 28 - 27 and I don't care what ESPN says - The call against Washington was deserved and Washington wasn't going to win anyway!





I would like to note that I am still a Utah fan, but I will cheer for BYU as long as their not playing Utah.
Our last night in Seattle was really fun. We went to dinner, shopping, to the movie theater just to buy popcorn. We hung out, ate too much candy, laughed all night and Lynn ordered pizza at 9:30 just as Bryce predicted.

What a fun trip and a fun birthday! Thank you again for such a fun weekend!!

6 comments:

Ashley and Brett said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! It looks like you had such a fun time! You better be careful, Bryce is slowly sucking you and before you know it, you will be all for BYU! I never thought I would see the day. Even talking with the head coach! Brett would be so proud! I'll have to send him your link. Glad you had a great time. Love you lots! Happy happy birthday!

Erica said...

I love birthdays and I'm so glad that you had such a fun one! How cute that Bryce came up to see you (and how fun to see pictures with Brandon, too - he looks the same!) and hang out for a while. And as much as I know that you're a true U fan, you do look awfully cute in blue :o)

Heidi said...

happy happy birthday Amber dear!!! Yeah it looks like you had an amazing!!!!! birthday I think that bryce is really very thoughtful and how lucky you both have one another. I love you and I hope you love the big 2-5, I am not to happy to see the 2-6 come in october. Take care...one of these days I am coming to see you and shan.

Polly said...

Pat told me how to get to your blog! I love it. Looks like you had a great time in Seattle and at the game. Happy Birthday, Love Paula

Ashley Willoughby said...

Are you painting your car blue...tell me the truth I can take it

Aimee said...

Hi Amber! Do you remember me from the U 46th ward? I saw you commented on Kristin blog.

I live in Seattle now so it was so fun to read your blog about my city! It looks like you had a great time and the weather was perfect for you.

Looks like you are doing well. Its nice to see you in the blog world at least.