Monday, October 29, 2007

Finally!

I finally got to see the white alligator at Hogle Zoo on Saturday! Ryan and I braved the Halloween crowds of kids dressed up and trick-or-treating at the zoo (very cute kids, might I add). We thought this Wednesday was the alligator's last day at the zoo and knew there was no way we would make it up there on a work day before 5pm. Turns out - a) the white alligator is pretty awesome! and b) he will be there for another year....

Although Ryan was pretty disappointed that the Hogle Zoo no longer has hippos, I think our favorite animals were the elephants and giraffes. Yes - we were 2 grown adults walking around the zoo on the biggest children's day of the year. Couldn't have been better!

2 comments:

sorensenpower said...

My sister went to the zoo on Saturday. Did you by chance see a little kid in a pirate costume with an eye patch and glasses?

Lacey Lou said...

Amber...sounds like so much fun! I love the zoo (except some of the smells that come from the different cages aren't that great). Glad you were able to see the White Alligator...I'll have to go see it next year!